re: [OM] Coming to America and Happy New Year

Subject: re: [OM] Coming to America and Happy New Year
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:32:00 -0800
> ....The tentative plan is to start in CA at father-in-law's place at Cobb,
> then
> we'll be driving through OR, WA, MT, SD, IA, WI, IL, OH, PA, NY, NH, MA,
> CT, NY again, PA, DC, VA, SC, GA, TN, AR, OK, Northern TX, NM, AZ and back
> to CA....

Chris, This itinerary is about the equivalent of driving entirely around
the Oz coast. You'll only have time to slow down and stick the camera
out the window if you want any pics :>) Considering your start in CA I'd
limit the loop to west of the Rockies. Then you could add a jog up to
Banff. Nothing against the rest of the country (except for maybe West
Texas :>) but you're going to get saddle sores with trying to see it
all. I can help with recommendations for WA if you let my know your
interests. There's lots of nature/outdoor type stuff to do and see but
most requires shedding the vehicle for a bit.

Mike
--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West