Re: [OM] AF vs. MF.. Proof!!

Subject: Re: [OM] AF vs. MF.. Proof!!
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 18:38:25 -0800
John, the problem is...  she CHARGED us for the film also, that was not part
of her "shooting fees".  So if you are going to charge me for film, explain
to me (how's this for a concept, SHOW me) the difference between the film
and I'll cough up the money..

There were HUGE problems with the photographer..  I have not said anything,
but I made a mental note to burn in hell before I hire someone like that for
MY wedding..

Let me give you a few examples..

We are taking some pictures, and I ask her, what f-stop she's stopped down
to.  She stared at me as if I asked her to show me the proof for Fermat's
last theorm.  So...  Was she playing dumb, or does she not know what an
f-stop is??

Second, I tried the NPH, and Portra (which I thought gave the BEST colors)
and I don't have a freakin clue what I'm doing!  I'm certainly not even
close to a title of semi-pro, let alone a pro.  BUT, at the pro-photo shop I
went to, I asked, and the people who do this for a living, told me, to use
NPH or Portra and I won't be disappointed.  My mom all but fainted at the
price tag of my film "compared to the photographers" but I could have gone
to Kmart and bought a brick of Kodak 200's also, yes?  I figure my sister
will probably only get married once, so.. might as well get real wedding
film.

And yes, they took the film out of the frig.  It was not on racks like at
Target or Kmart.

All I can say is, my mom saw the B&W's she shot, and she all but cried.  The
shots were horrible, and I guess she used the TMax's, so she can develop it
on color chemicals.  But yesterday, my mom yanked them out and asked "Why do
I look Olive Green on these B&W photos??"  Errr...  I don't know mom, is it
a trick question???

Anyway..  The pictures are not in focus, and the film sucked.  But I guess
as long as my sister's happy... that's all that matters..  BUT, again, when
people ask for reprints, they use MY negatives to get reprints...  So when
it's all said and done, mine were just better.  I guess my mom didn't want
to give people pictures where she is dark dark brown... it makes her look
unhealthy...

Albert