Re: [OM] Re: Date format and similar stuff ( O T )

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Date format and similar stuff ( O T )
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 23:30:05 -0500
Our problem in the US is that this colony learned from our leadership (England) then broke with them before they changed everything around. :) Consequently we are stuck with the "old way" of speaking and other conventions. That doesn't hold for driving though!

Gregg

> Brian, don't you realise?  It's in the Constitution (or an Amendment
> thereof) that they have to be free in their expression (I think) ...
>
> :>)
>
> Chris
>
> At 09:25 +1300 30/12/01, Brian Swale wrote:
> >Hi Fellow Zuiks,
> >
> >At the risk of starting a flame war (which I don't want), can I just point
> >out (then run for cover) that most non-US residents who have had any
> >involvement with international things have noticed that people in the USA
> >are the only ones in the world who reverse the sequence of date components
> >in the middle.
> >
> >Most (all?) others go from small part to large part, or vice-versa. i.e.
> >
> >year/month/day/hour/minute/second.
> >

> snip
>
> >So long as we respect and understand our differences, there shouldn't be a
> >problem. Who is to say which is the "right" way.
> >
> >Brian

------------------- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ottawa-
photo-clubs
tOM A. Trottier,        ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115    N45.412
W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980