Re: [OM] John/Clint? - DOF Problem on 35-70mm Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] John/Clint? - DOF Problem on 35-70mm Lens
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 00:55:36 -0500
At 05:30 PM 12/28/01 -0600, clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

No -- there's just two arms sticking from the back side of the mount into the
lens -- nothing to come loose or break.  If you replace the mount with the
levers in the wrong place, the lens doesn't work right -- you'll know when
you check it.  Just put them back a different way until things work OK and
you'll be fine!

Hi Clint,

Thanks for the info and encouragement on removing the mount on the lens. I finally got around to it this afternoon and things went pretty well. As it turned out the pivot screw for the DOF lever was corroded and prevented the lever from moving freely. After I cleaned things up and reassembled the lens everything worked fine. Another plus is that the seller has offered a refund of $20 for my trouble so I now have a nice 35-70mm, f3.6 lens for a total cost of $110. I'd say it was well worth the 45 minutes or so that it required.

Thanks again,
Johnny