Re: [OM] Electronics and flash guns

Subject: Re: [OM] Electronics and flash guns
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 17:39:15 -0800
"Brian P. Huber" wrote:

> John,
> Try removing the batteries. I don't think you need them with the SB-4.
> I was also thinking that the 285HV used the SB-6.
>
> Brian Huber

Brian, The 285HV, or at least my 285HV, will not function without the
batteries in place. The 285HV's instruction book has an explicit
requirement that "........four fresh AA alkalines ............ must be
in the flash unit to operate the synchronization circuit." There is no
mention that the use the SB-4 will cause the batteries to drain.

John Hudson