[OM] Coming to America Revised

Subject: [OM] Coming to America Revised
From: Chris Linek <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 13:30:59 +1000
Seems the more I research this, the bigger the task is getting.

All comments have been read and taken under advisement. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

When I listed the States we were to be travelling through, I didn't mean that we were going to stop at all of them, I guess I didn't make that clear. Oops.

Our main objectives are some of the places that Lori has not yet visited, such as the Black Hills around Rapid City SD, then visiting Sister in Iowa. Next specific port of call is Niagara falls, and then on to New Hampshire, where Lori has a pile of household stuff in storage that we're gonna sort through.

After that it's Baker's choice how we make our way back to Cobb. Only definite's are Ithaca NY at the place where Carl Sagan is interred, for a personal pilgrimage of mine. San Diego where Lori has friends, and we already have offers from this list and another I am on for eyeballing and imbibing intoxicating liquids.

We have a good list of places to visit, but with only 5 weeks, it's gonna have to be curtailed, for sure. Fortunately, my line of employment allows for extended absences. So long as I can afford to keep the home rent paid I can stay away for as long as the money holds out.

Lori's job is the problem, her networking position can only be absented for so long, before they'll get someone else. I'm gonna do my best to make it longer than 5 weeks, but I ain't holding my breath.

So far, the trip is over 12000 k's. I think, with sidetrips it's more like gonna be 14000 k's

Can't wait!

We're planning on renting a Ford Explorer, or suchlike for the duration. Any comments on a good vehicle choice?

Prefer a 4x4 to get into some of the more exciting scenery, but I guess I can live without it if necessary.

Cheers

Chris in Oz