[OM] Digital P&S vs. OM

Subject: [OM] Digital P&S vs. OM
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 21:21:15 -0800
Ok, it must be me.. I'm convinced..

We are having a family lunch, a bunch of cousins.. my uncle pops out an
overly glorified P&S digital.  he kept the shiny 3.2Megapixel sticker on the
side of it.. I don't know what brand..

I pulled out my OM1N... and he laughed!  (I should have beheaded him for
that, should I?)  He laughed and said "Manual??"  Err.. yes I replied.  Of
course.  The Sarcasm was as thick as Rosie's waistline..

He said "Why?  The new digitals do everything yours does, and it's MUCH
simplier.."  Err.. right..  He goes on, "I can print out an 8x10 right now
on my printer, and you wouldn't notice it from yours blown up."  I find that
hard to believe.  Also, his zoom lens will never beat my prime, the AF focus
system will not beat my manual eyeball, and the quality of my 400 superia
will be better than 3.2Mpixels..  Compared to my 50mm F/1.8.. I think the
zoom said 25-90 on it... at f5.6 is where it begins.. So there i no
comparison.

I didn't say anything..  I couldn't think of anything witty to reply ..  So
I just sat there.  (Yes another problem with asian family structures...)

Albert