Re: [OM]Cold & Slow?

Subject: Re: [OM]Cold & Slow?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 01:04:21 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, John A. Lind wrote:

> An aside for Mark:
> Where *were* you with temperatures that low, or are they with the wind
> chill?  That sounds like the colder regions of Alaska or Canada, possibly
> Greenland, or somewhere on/near Tierra del Fuego (a misnomer if there ever
> was one).  I've experienced them that low in Kansas, but it was rather
> unusual and only lasted a few days.

Nowhere special, just here at home in Ottawa, Canada.  We usually get a week
or two where the temperatures dip down to the -30's, and then you get to
add whatever wind chill there is to that temperature (which doesn't affect
OM's of course :-).  However, this year has been unseasonably warm, it's
only -10C right now, usually it's closer to the -20's at this time.  Hopefully
the temperature will start dropping soon, we're still waiting for the canal to
freeze over so that we can go skating on it.
                                        -mark