Re: [OM] Polarizer for the 18mm/3.5?

Subject: Re: [OM] Polarizer for the 18mm/3.5?
From: Matt Crawley <matt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 23:12:54 -0700
Hi Warren.

Thanks for the advice.

I guess I'm not sure exactly how a polarizer works, other than cutting
glare... time to do a bit of research.

Using a graduated ND to darken the top of the shot would work but I usually
use the 18mm for distorted close-up shots of snowboarding so a graduated
filter might not be ideal.

I've been told that a rule of thumb for shooting people on snow is to meter
the snow and then overexpose 2 stops so you get details in the(much darker)
people. I'll probably shoot a roll with no filter and see how it comes out.

 - Matt Crawley