Re: [OM] Tamron 28-105 f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 28-105 f2.8
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 08:47:01 -0500
Cc: adisoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adi,

I had one for about 6 months a couple of years ago. It produced spectacular images, but the handling put me off. It's quite fat vs. most Zuikos. It also grows very long when zooming out to 105mm. The focusing ring was also too small and hard to quickly find. (This is an issue with most of the current MF lenses, as their phyical designs are geared towards autofocus users, who almost never use the MF ring.) In the end I just couldn't deal with the issues, and I gave it a lot of chances. I really liked the images though. The 28mm was specially useful. I also felt a bit sheepish using the lens. It was just too intimidating when I was used to the small Zuiko lenses.

I traded it for a Zuiko 35-80/2.8 + some cash.

Skip