Re: [OM] Digital P&S vs. OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital P&S vs. OM
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 06:19:21 -0800
The part that got to me was I said, "Manual Focus allows me to focus
sharply, and bring into focus what I want focused.."  and he said "I can do
that on my digital camera too!  It has a manual focus mode.."  Errr...  I
mean as if AF discussions aren't bad, he thinks his button pressing focusing
is the same quality as cranking on a good prime??
NO WAY IN HELL... his palm sized zoom lens of F5.6/8 28-105mm zoom lens with
"button manual focusing" will be the same as my OM.  Cold day in hell...

He said he will bust it out on a printer and "show me" how his images are
the "exact quality" as mine, if not better.

Errr...  no need to start and arguement with him, people like that, don't
want to know, I mean he's got the brochure for his digital camera, and it
says "as sharp as a professional film camera" and if it's printed, it must
be true right??

Albert