Re: [OM] Digital P&S vs. OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital P&S vs. OM
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:43:08 EST
Yes, Bill, I still behave this way. I got a grrrreat deal a while back on
E-Bay on an Oly D-360 digital with P-300 printer. I use it for just
snapshots. It gives very acceptable 4x6, 5x7, and that's on only 1.3 MP.
But for the important stuff, it's the OMs or the Contax.

Digital _will_ overtake film, that's a given, the only question is when?
Digital cameras are a BIG Christmas gift / purchase item, and getting bigger
each year. The problem is, people that get them as gifts HATE the storage and
transfer required, and the thick manuals in order to actually make the
prints- don't tell me it's really easy guys- I'm talking 'general public',
not us 'photographers'! That's why those digital cameras are now the number
one item RETURNED to the store after Christmas. When it gets simple to use
and print, then it'll overtake film.

George S.