Re: [OM] Wonderbricks R Us

Subject: Re: [OM] Wonderbricks R Us
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 16:05:37 +0100
As far as I remember, when Modern Photography tested the iS-1 (but it might
have been the iS-3), they got Olympus to extract the lens and set it up on
a lensboard for testing. After testing, they said that it was a great lens
for the money, with a free camera thrown in....

Sincerely,
Roger Key

Way back in the days of SLRs being bundled with a
50/1.8, the manufacturers made sure that this
common-as-dirt lens was supurb because that was the
one lens that all the photo-rags used to compare
cameras with. Nowdays, they slap the cheaziest zoom on
there and promote features instead.

Remember, the IS-3 comes bundled with a lens too.  Why
Pentax chose to bundle with such a cheeseball lens is
beyond me.  I was really intruigued by the camera--as
it really was a nice camera.  I imagine that quality
lenses would make this puppy shine.

But that new Contax digital body with full-frame
sensor is looking quite interesting.  Maybe have an
Aria or two in the bag too for "analog" capture.

AG-Schnozz