Re: [OM] Chris's trip

Subject: Re: [OM] Chris's trip
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 08:20:41 -0800 (PST)
Bill Pearce wrote:
> Frankly, the drive from Iowa to San Diego will
> include segments of
> mind-numbing proportions. With all due resepect to
> my neighbors to the
> north, the drive across Nebraska from Des Moines to
> Denver will leave you
> suicidal.

Hey, some of us live here in the "suicide zone."  It's
not THAT bad.

I actually think that six weeks is about right.  It
might seem like a lot of driving--and it is, but still
doable.  You'll see a lot of interstate, though.
Given that this will pretty much be a "trip of a
lifetime", I wouldn't leave anything of importance
out.  With the exception of three days of
"fly-over-country" (yes, the suicide zone), you will
get a new adventure every day.  I've been to all but
four states and have found something of interest in
most.

I would recommend that you concentrate your adventure
on the western states (everything west of Denver),
Michigan and New York.  Otherwise, you get a lot of
similar scenes--Ohio looks a lot like Illinois.  Oh, I
would highly recommend the Blue-ridge mountains and
the Smokies if your going to be in the south-east.

AG-where's that razerblade-Schnozz