RE: [OM] Chris's trip

Subject: RE: [OM] Chris's trip
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:31:12 -0800 (PST)
Brian Huber wrote:
> Agreed!  I have an S10 Blazer and a Dodge Caravan.
> For extensive trips, we take out all the rear seats
> in the Caravan,
> makes a very comfortable and roomy way to travel.
> Get about same
> mileage as the Blazer (~24 mpg), but more
> comfortable.

We've got a "best of both worlds" vehicle.  A 1997
Mazda MPV.  It's both a minivan and a 4WD SUV.  Rides
like a van, has the space of a van, but with 4WD you
can venture slightly farther than you could before.
Not enough ground clearance for serious off-roading
though.  That's why we have a Jeep.  It also takes an
impact from another vehicle going 35mph pretty well
too.

I'd recommend the minivan route for rental, however,
for six weeks, you might not beable to afford much
more than a Geo.

AG-Schnozz