RE: [OM] Re: 24-exp versus 36 exp debate.

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: 24-exp versus 36 exp debate.
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 23:07:46 +0000
At 23:48 1/2/02, Andrew Fildes wrote:
I remember 20's - I'm sure I had a camera that highlighted 20 and 36 on the
counter in fact. There are 12exp rolls around here which I've used as test
rolls but it isn't worth it - labs often charge the same for 12 or 24
because set up costs wiped out the difference (it took just as long to do a
12 and the paper cost difference was insignificant).
[snip]
Scott Gomez wrote:
>Personally, I'd like to see 20 exp. rolls. Seems to me that used to be an
>available length, but that could be a dead brain cell, now days. 36 is too
>long. Even 24 is sometimes more than I want.
[snip

I've been reading these memoirs about using 20 exposure rolls of film (Andrew mentions the old 12 exp rolls of consumer film too) thinking all the while if I were to post similar recollections it would "date" me. So I won't.

-- John