RE: [OM] GREEN B&W prints from T400CN WAS Which is sharper, autof ocus o

Subject: RE: [OM] GREEN B&W prints from T400CN WAS Which is sharper, autof ocus ormanual focus?
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 21:53:26 +1100
> Albert [mailto:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Unless I'm taking a macro shot of the inside of my nose, none
> of the prints I receive should ever be olive green, or am I
> just asking too much here??

Nah, you're *not* asking too much. The prints from this film are
actually advertised by Kodak as being available in a variety
of tones, olive green being one of them (and a magenta, and
blue, and a warm brown, and the obvious sepia) - it's all
part of the colour toning that AndrewF refers to. I think
I've also seen written somewhere by Kodak (I'll have to
check the website), that "prints may come out with a colour
cast unless printed on B&W paper". However, why the processor
would choose "olive green" as a default is beyond me, or they
have travelled beyond slack to not giving a rat's a**e.

My processor would like to use sepia more, but I don't let her
despite her best efforts at convincing me. She's good, and
talks to me about my prints, including what exposure currecting
she's done, or the machine's done, on prints, so I know where
I've done wrong. She prints my B&W C41 with the very slightly
warm tone Andrew talks about too. Works nice with the family
snaps (partner and furkids) I take, plus some bush hut shots
I've taken.

Just shake your head Albert, say "Bloody minilab!", and do what
you can. :-)

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz