Re: [OM] GREEN B&W prints from T400CN WAS Which is sharper, autofocus

Subject: Re: [OM] GREEN B&W prints from T400CN WAS Which is sharper, autofocus ormanual focus?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 19:27:02 +1100
John Lind forwarded -

>The tones of your prints
>can range from a cool, bluish black to a warm brown or olive black
>depending on the finisher. This subtlety will add an extra dimension to
>your images.

Thanks for the laugh John! When I worked in advertising, I was taught this
technique - turn potential faults into positive features. 'Roll up for the
Kodak lucky dip - who can say what you will get? Share the excitement of
wondering what colour your black and white prints will be this time!'

In fact, I once got a nice warmish olive-black effect in a print - as it
was of leaves it was quite appropriate. Trouble was the lab couldn't
reproduce it in an enlargement!
Unexpected subtle dimensions, anyone?
AndrewF