Re: [OM] First roll of Kodachrome came back... magnificent :-)

Subject: Re: [OM] First roll of Kodachrome came back... magnificent :-)
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:52:39 +0100
On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 07:59:19PM -0800, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> My last slide show went onto my lap top.  People seemed to like it
> better than a darkened room and they could huddle together and go
> through the pictures.  Not the best way to display slides, but OK if
> all they want see are mementos of a trip.

I was tempted to change to a PC-screen two. Because I was always
dissapointed with the plopp-effect. I could never see the whole pichture sharp
at once.

Now I´ve changed the bulb of my projector for a new one (oh the old one was
getting
 pretty dim over some years..), and carfully adjusted
it as good as possible. A fine adjustment to get the projector exact
perpenddicular to the screen, and a curfed field lens, changed my mind again.
 Now I´m thinking about to get a second one, to eliminate the darkness between
the slides.

In europe you can get digi-print`s from your slides. This means they do
the scanning for you. O.k. I don`t have the contol. But `ive the control to
select
the  pictures to scan carfully. And the quality is fine. This is what I do with
the few
pictures I want to show around.

Frieder Faig.