RE: [OM] Digital camera downfalls

Subject: RE: [OM] Digital camera downfalls
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:24:51 -0700
 On the subject of portraits, though, I've seen a mall portrait photographer
set up with a backdrop, flash+umbrella, and an E-10 on a tripod to take the
shots.. some sort of nice printer to produce output, and voila, people can
get reasonably nice-looking portraits done in 5 minutes or so.

 I don't know how this basic principle extends -- I know that the portrait
studio at Sears here we went to for some family shots (cheap Xmas deal)
certainly uses digital cameras of some sort, but I'd guess they're pretty
high-end.

 (and the folks who live next door to where I grew up that do motorsports
photography are now using digital cameras because it makes it quicker to
sell the images on -- not sure exactly what they're using, but the cost was
in the many many thousands of pounds.. http://www.bothwellphotographic.com/)

 -- dan