[OM] Archival photos especially family history

Subject: [OM] Archival photos especially family history
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 09:56:18 +1300

A lot of what was written for the last digest, especially about photos with
genealogical potential and archival need seem to me like a strong argument
for including a healthy diet of Black & White in family photography.

I have B&W (sepia) photos of ancestors here, 140 years old as far as I can
tell.

Will colour last that long.?

Without those few shots we would be MUCH more lacking in information on
what these ancestors of mine looked like and how they lived. Those photos
tell so much. In shoe boxes. (Well, they were).

Brian
Zuikoholics, enablers, one and all.
Feeding fantasies, emptying pockets!