Re: [OM] OM] 24 (or 20) vs. 36/Polariod

Subject: Re: [OM] OM] 24 (or 20) vs. 36/Polariod
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 21:23:00 -0500

Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 19:52:14 +1100
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] 24 (or 20) vs. 36

>OK Scott. So now you're going to tell us you remember when you had to
spread
>a protective coating on Polaroid pictures, and they were black and
white!
>(oops, I remember....)
>-Mickey

Don't be ridiculous! You made that up didn't you?! :-)
Sigh.
AndrewF

Now where can we find the screw top metal cans the film used to come in. I could really find some uses for them.

So you remember too eh Andrew? >:) Back to topic,
why not just roll your own?  Much cheaper, and you can
do 8 frames if you want...I commonly do 12 frame loads
just so I can try out N+1 N-1 experiments on different bodies,
films (if I have the cash to bleed for a "big" roll of "new" stuff)
'course so far I only do this with B/W, but can't you get color
stuff in bulk?

Bill  >; P

Yes, you can. Most come in 50 foot rolls instead of the 100 foot B&W rolls. I wonder if it is because of the added cost, or because of storage times (of a big roll) that would result in color shifts.

Gregg