Re: [OM] Digital P&S vs. OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital P&S vs. OM
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 18:57:00 -0800
Not if they bought in the last couple of years. New ones search out the time signals in the space between frames on, mostly, PBS stations and set themselves. Part of the very evolution you are talking about.

Gregg Iverson wrote:

This reminds me of a comment AT&T made when I was their guest for two weeks. They wanted to make technology as transparent as the phone. It took me several hours of pondering to see how important that really is. Imagine having a computer that was always ready, worked so effortlessly that you never thought about the equipment except when the power (or phone lines) was down, and cost next to nothing. I'm not trying to knock any company. It took a few years for the phones to get that reliable too. But just imagine ...!

The typical consumer still has a 12:00 flashing on the VCR.