Re: [OM] Re: Digital v real photography - slightly OT and long

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Digital v real photography - slightly OT and long
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 05:32:45 -0600
I've never used a 4040, but I'd guess it is comparable or a little better
than my Pentax 430.  Both 4 megapixels.  I wouldn't say order of magnitude,
as that's 10 times, but it is better. Part of that is just pixel count (5
megapixels), but I believe most of it is glass.  You just can't make a tiny
little lens as good as you can a 'full-size' lens.

One of these days, when life settles down, I'll take the same shot with both
cameras and post a 'piece' of the results for comparison.

Makes me wonder how good the Contax with the full-size CCD is.  Better than
we think!

Tom

Tom

Would you say that the E-20 gives you an order of magnitude better than a
4040?

Cheers!

Dave Shupe
kc7iek@xxxxxxxxx

Latitude 47° 43' 1" North, Longitude 122° 6' 15" West