[OM] Rating ELITECHROME?

Subject: [OM] Rating ELITECHROME?
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 20:36:37 +1100 (EST)
Hi guys,

havnt been on since Xmas and recieved a tonne of emails! Thanks all!

The film in question is the ISO 100 and 200. Both are great for the price, but
I dont use the 400 because of grain. I usually use Provia 100F for rating up to
even ISO 400.

Just a quick question about rating slide film of Kodak's ELITECHROME Select
Series film, ISO 100 and 200.

If I want to reduce the grain of say the 100 ISO film to say ISO 80 or 64, or
even 50, will this be fine to do - or doesnt this film compensate well for
these changes?

What about the ISO 200............

Im interested in the Elitechrome Select series (Slide 100 and 200) simply
because you get good results for basically one of the cheapest around. The ISO
200 is also recognised for the ISO 200 class (PS: ive had good results for
night photography too, though ProviaF is pretty darn good for that too).

Havnt used Sensia II. Any comments?

Thanks all and happy new year to the list!

Damo

Damon Wood
Dip. Technology (Applied Science)
Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centre (AMTC)
Sustainable Development (BSc)
Undergraduate Student
Murdoch University
Secretary M.C.C. WASTCA