RE: [OM] GREEN B&W prints from T400CN WAS Which is sharper, autof ocus o

Subject: RE: [OM] GREEN B&W prints from T400CN WAS Which is sharper, autof ocus ormanual focus?
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:01:32 +1100
> Olympus [mailto:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Hmm. so that's what I'm missing!!  I just said "Damn cheap*ss
> 1 hour photo development!"  But I was missing the "bloody" part.
> Damn  blokes...  hehe, I have to start talking like an Aussie..
>  Hmm..

...and than what you do, is you take your OM up to one of their
wonderbricks (not mine okay? :-) ) and you say "That's not a
camera. This....[swing your camera into his wonderbrick quite
forcefully]...is a camera", Crocadile dOMdee-style.

> Aussie question, is it true you get cool effects when you
> take pictures after you down a nice bottle of Lindeman's
> Bin 186 Shiraz? Been on my "to try list.."  :-)

Ahhh, you are in to Lomography are you? The cool effects
look they were taken through the bottom of a winebottle, mostly
because they were.

> I love the Aussies..

What's not to love? <grin> If Russell Crowe or Sam Neill do
anything to bring shame to their country, remember that's
New Zealand (until such time, however, they are Aussies [la
la la la la not listening la la la la la])

Sorry folks. Sunday night. The strain is beginning to show. If
it means anything, I got some (hopefully) nice B&W shots from
Mrs Macquaries Chair of a backlit-Sydney-skyline (courtesy of
the one advantage of bushfires - a nice sunset) on my OM1 and
35 2.8 (okay, some of them have my two dogs in - gotta add value
to this hobby to keep the partner happy).

There were a few people down their with their new cameras,
35-70 "kit" lenses, and tripod (good for them). I had my
Canon EOS 50E, but got some funny looks when, after realising
the lens on it was too long, I pulled out a camera the majority
of my age (31) old to take the photos.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz