[OM] I'm back: first experiences with the Viv 35-85/2.8

Subject: [OM] I'm back: first experiences with the Viv 35-85/2.8
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 15:13:47 +0100
Hello OM'ers,

I'm just back from a 2 weeks combined christmas celebration and vacation in
Germany. It was grand - among the presents was my newly e*ayed Vivitas Ser. 1
35-85/2.8. The first impression was quite a shock: IT IS HUGE! It must weigh
more than 600 gr, definitely it is heavier than an OM body. And with 72mm
filter size it is some serious piece of glass also.

Through it went 2 slide films and a b&w film - the slide films go to my trusted
pro lab tomorrow (I'll get them back tomorrow after work), and I've just turned
on the radiator in my darkroom to process the b&w. Can't wait to see the
results.

The lens is a vari-focus design, which needs some time to get accustomed to if
you are used to the Zuiko 35-70/3.5-4.5. But the bright viewfinder is just
great. I took lots of pictures in the snow, during and after sunset. We stayed
a week at my family's cabin at the river Ems, which was flooding the pastures,
producing a great scenery. Lots of sky and water. I built myself a "tripod" of
some timber in order to be able to shoot early and evening sceneries. Funny: I
almost grew up there and still there are many unexpected aspects of nature to
be photographed.

Will be sharing results later this week.

Best regards

Bernd Moeller