Re: [OM] New to the list

Subject: Re: [OM] New to the list
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 19:58:41 -0800

Dave Jenkins wrote: ....
However, the last few years, photography just hasn't been as much fun.

Welcome back. I was in a similar situation. Bought an OM-4T in 86, then bought a Pentax-Z5 in 96 or so since my eyes "weren't so good." Then bought an Oly C-3000 in 2000...

Last year, I decided to move back to the OM system. The multi-spot metering just can't be beat. Plus the weight, the size, the fit, etc. I bought 8 lens in 4 months :-) so I think I will slow down a little bit now....

I have two 50mm f1.8s, both black-nosed and near-mint. One is
S.N.2637384, and is labeled "MC." The other is a later S.N., 5244899,
but does not say "MC." Which one should I keep?

Supposedly if you have one that says, "Made in Japan" not just "Japan," it is of a better lens.

Good luck!

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]