Re: [OM] OM-2n Auto exposure problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n Auto exposure problem
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 22:34:48 -0800
Just developed the B&W negs and the exposures shot on manual are spot on!
The auto exposures are TOTALLY overexposed (as one might imagine). One other
note is that on auto the meter indicates the proper shutter speed, it just
does not appear to fire at that speed. It appears that there is some problem
with the OTF cells or circuit.

Jim Couch

Earlier I wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone has run into this before. Pulled the 2n out to
> do some shooting today and ran into a problem I don't recall having ever
> experienced before. The OM2n is having problems with auto exposure only.
> When on AE the shutter will stay open for a long period of time (over 10
> seconds.) If one flips the switch to manual the shutter closes. If one
> points the camera toward a very bright light it will also close. The
> camera appears to function fine in manual mode (I will know more when I
> process the roll of film I had in the camera.)

SNIP