Re: [OM] OM-4 problems - help

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 problems - help
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:58:02 -0600
Sounds like you may have brain damage -- er, your camera, that is! -- though it
_could_ be a combination of several different malfunctions (sticky magnet/ rare
but
possible on 4's, spot button damaged sometime by excessive pressure, some short
in
the circuit that manifests itself only during selftimer, etc.), or perhaps
corrosion or liquid damage somewhere.  Only inspection will tell for sure.

Whether it's a viable candidate for replacement of the main circuit is usually
determined by it's condition -- if it's a "beater" (well worn, seen better days,
etc.), it's not probably worth the investment.  If it's "near mint", maybe so.
You
won't have all the functions of a 4t unless you replace the top cover, etc.,
etc.,
but it will work "better than new".