[OM] Kitstar

Subject: [OM] Kitstar
From: Don <dong357@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 21:11:11 -0600
I have had a Kitstar 135 mm f2.8 lens that I use with my OM2SP with good results. I know it is not a Zuiko, but I bought it as my second lens whin I first got interested in photography.

Last week I saw another Kitstar on eB*y for just $7.50, placed a bid for $10 and got it for $7.50 + $4.50 shipping. It was listed as just a 55mm zoom lens.

Well this turned out to be a 80-200 macro focusing lens. I have not taken any shots with it yet but the glass is clean and the aperture blades are free, clean and snappy.

Questions for the list. Does anyone know who made these lenses? During what time period were they made? What is the over all quality level compared to other third party lenses such as Vivitar, Tokina, and Tammron? Is there a fair market value?

Thanks

Don Gaikins
---