Re: [OM] P400 printers on Yahoo Auctions UK (OT?)

Subject: Re: [OM] P400 printers on Yahoo Auctions UK (OT?)
From: john.oregan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:21:07 +0000
Winsor,

I guess the hyperbole is a bit OTT, but, in general, what I have read indicates
that Dye-Sub is superior to inkjet. That is why I brought the printers to the
attention of the list. They are being offered at a competitive starting price
- about half UK retail.

With regard to the quality from this model, I do not speak from personal
experience.

Comparative reviews, backed up with high magnification, scans are provided at
this site

http://www.silverace.com/dottyspotty/issue9.html

JohnOR
(who has no further interest in this topic)

Excuse me for being skeptical about hyperbole. When cheap dye sub
printers continually rank near the bottom of the list in reviews of
home printers including inkjet, and even individuals on this list
express difficulty in distinguishing good inkjet prints from photo
prints it is hard to imagine anything "blowing inkjet out of the
water ".  They must be substantially better than photolab
enlargements?  Wow.  And no one in the photo media has noticed?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California