Re: [OM] OT-150-500 viv

Subject: Re: [OM] OT-150-500 viv
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:14:01 -0800 (PST)
The Tokina ATX 150-500/5.6 lens is a real nice piece.

The color fidelity in the prints is decent and it is adequately
sharp in the 300-400mm range to be taken as a serious lens.  I
found, in my testing of one of these lenses, that it didn't make
a good lens in the 150-200 range as it was just too slow, big
and heavy.  Distortion increased a bit too.

Another thing is that the single-touch zoom-focus ring didn't
work for me as it zoomed backwards from what I wanted it to.

Still, it was a nice lens and I, at times, have regretted not
getting one myself.  If I had a 2-series focus screen at the
time, I would have kept the lens.

Come to think of it, my very first post to this list was asking
about this lens.  I think one of the Georges has one.

AG-Schnozz