RE: [OM] Very fast film question..

Subject: RE: [OM] Very fast film question..
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu \(Lama\)" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:14:48 -0500
Donald,
As a former owner of an OM-1 and an OM-2, I can identify with your question.
If your bodies limit you to 1600 (as the aforementioned bodies do) you must
meter manually and compensate manually.  Since you are already "at the top"
of the ISO range (1600), in my experience, the OM-2 will NOT let you use any
underexposure compensation.

So, if your background isn't totally black, you will be able to see the
match-needle and its bracket, so you can manually fiddle till you see the
equivelant to -1 stop.  If memory serves, the instruction manuals both the 1
and the 2 clearly show this.

Alternately, you may want to consider the OM-PC.  It goes up to ISO 3200 and
has nice, bright LEDs.  If it had a spot meter, I'd never be without one.
They're versatile and way affordable.  I bought a very worn beater of an
OM-PC and used it for years.  It's still working great with a new owner.

Further alternatively, you could sell off a 2 and buy a 4.

Just a thought.

Lama