Re: [OM] Zeiss Super Ikonta knockoff Moskva 5 results

Subject: Re: [OM] Zeiss Super Ikonta knockoff Moskva 5 results
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:56:51 -0800
Olympus wrote:

I sold my Moskva 5, which is a Zeiss Super Ikonta knockoff; I got the
pictures back..  They are not very sharp, even though it's a 6x9cm film, and
I printed it as a 4x6".  So the print is almost the same size as the film;
but it's less sharp than my OM shots on 35mm; I sold it already, those who
might be pondering like me, extending the OM line, or going into the MF
world; if you go MF, don't buy a Moskva 5, it's not very sharp, the red
window leaks like hoover dam.

I'd say be careful if you buy a Moskva 5, since they can vary dramatically in quality, and many have deteriorated since they were new. I owned one for many years and it was always sharp as a tack, and its red windows were safe for infrared as well as standard films. But at the same time, I saw plenty of others with bent struts, inaccurate rangefinder linkages, slow shutters, etc.

--
 Joshua Putnam | 25426 106th Ave SE #C6 | Kent, WA  98031
Home: 253/850-9514 | Fax: 253/850-9557 | Cell: 206/799-8324