RE: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:37:07 +1300
Hi Olafo, and fellow Zuiks,

Re: (and the rest of the thread)
> O.k., my message seems to have stirred up some discussion. :) Some feedback:
>
> Beforehand: whenever I write IE4+, there may actually be a few (sub)versions
> that do not work equally well due to bugs, but on a general note the remarks
> made for these browsers ought to be valid.

Well, I was able to look at secondhandcameras.nl and the display seemed
fine with Opera 3.61 (running w'95 version 1), which is the browser I prefer
over MsIE 5.5 which I also have on my computer. I have no intention of letting
Netscape anywhere near the machine, and the only reason I have MZIE 5.5
is that a computer fixit man put it on  one time when I had a problem I
couldn't fix. It has its uses, but mostly it is a bystander.  Opera is much
faster, and doesn't always try to force me into things I don't want (A main
reason I bought it in the first place). Opera 5 & 6 take up more space than I
want occupied. And any site that tries to get me to use Flash obviously
doesn't need my custom.

Feeling extra curmudgeonly tonight, so there!,

(PS, the secondhandcameras site doesn't mention which currency the prices
are given in. Are all readers supposed to know automatically? Guilder or
Euro?)

Brian
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves          Voiceless it cries,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe.         Wingless flutters,
All mimsy were the borogroves,           Toothless bites,
And the mome raths outgrabe.             Mouthless mutters.

.