[OM] Turn your OM into a digital

Subject: [OM] Turn your OM into a digital
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 04:31:46 -0800
http://www.edgereview.com/ataglance.cfm?category=imaging&ID=116

Hmm..  Silicon Film's website was bad when I tried it, but this was the item
I was referring to, that you all called vaporware..  I hope the lack of
website is a network problem on their end or my end, and does not mean the
company is now defunked..  They even took preorders,
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0105/01050703siliconfilmships.asp

Rumors has it that they filed for bankruptcy,

http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1000760900.html

but since I just read the reviewer trying it out in this month's magazine (I
dont remember which one or what page, read way too many today...)  in which
the author of that article did actually try it.  I think there's a dummy
takeup spool also, to lie to the film counter.  THe Author likened it to
cold fusion, great concept, would be great if it worked, but we are still
waiting, but he did try it...  and he said it worked...  soo... I'm confused
as to the situation.

I WANT ONE!!

Arrrg...  Maybe someone other than Microsoft that has money, will pick it
up...  and make it one which will cover the entire 24x36mm screen...

Albert