[OM] re:AOL 7.0 & Windows XP (Long)

Subject: [OM] re:AOL 7.0 & Windows XP (Long)
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:28:20 EST
Ok so I have upgraded to 7.0.  I hope this email is in plain text.  If not
will one of the list members let me know.

We just got our new Dell computer with XP on it.  The good news is that Tom
Scales was right, it screams. With the Pentium IV processor @ 1.7gig and
256meg RAM it will load a 50+Meg photo in seconds.

The bad news is that there are compatability problems with some of the
hardware and programs.  Like my Microsoft Intellitype keyboard won't work
with it.  (We have an email into Microsoft asking for a patch).  But the card
reader for the Smart Media cards installed fine.

XP has a photo printing suite that will automatically configure a digital
photo to various "standard" sizes such as 8x10, 5x7, etc.  This is cool as we
all know that picture frames are not made for the aspect ratio of digital and
few are made bigger than 4x6 for 35mm.

Dave Dougherty