[OM] slightly [OT]: The Viv 2.8/35-85 is a great lens!

Subject: [OM] slightly [OT]: The Viv 2.8/35-85 is a great lens!
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:39:05 +0100
Hi there,

I have just framed and projected the slides from my christmas vacation. One
Provia 100F and one Sensia. Reference shots with the Zuiko 1.4/50 SC, the Zuiko
2.8/24 and the Zuiko 2.0/80 reveal no visible difference. The lens is sharp as
a knife and has a very good contrast (OK - that is hard to determine with
Provia film, but anyway).

With the lens weighing "only" some 660 gr or so you also safe some weight
compared to the other combo. It is a beast, but worth the 120 USD I paid.

It seems also to be quite tolerant to flare. I did not the original hood
because of its diameter of 100 mm or so and still got pretty decent shots.

I'm happy.

The next comparision will be between the Viv and the Zuiko 3.5-4.5/35-70.

Bernd Moeller