Re: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm?

Subject: Re: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:55:58 -0800 (PST)
> I'm just curious, how much will I gain going from 35mm to 645
> format?  Will
> I notice the difference, or not really until I pass the 8x10
> threshold?

Since no one else answered...

In B&W, medium format is MUCH better for those of us not liking
grain.  Otherwise, yes, 8x10 is the crossover point.

Medium format does have a tendency to slow some of us down just
enough to take extra care in composing pictures.  I get far
fewer tossers with medium format than with 35mm.  Just like I
get a whole lot more tossers with my IS-3 than with the OMs.

Tossers are becuase of compositional mistakes--not errors of the
cameras.

AG-Schnozz