Re: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers -> darkrooms

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers -> darkrooms
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:09:35 +0100
hi.

> Definitely happens.  I've learned to not let them soak in the
> water forever.  I've trimmed more than my share of prints as a
> result.

OK - I'll remember that for the next long session.

> No, but I do like it wide open for focusing and composition.

You're right of course. How powerful is your enlarger bulb?

My
> exposure times vary depending on filtration, enlargement and
> whether or not I put diffusion material above the negative, but
> they are usually around 45 seconds for an 8x10 and 1:30 for an
> 11x14.  Stopping the Federal's lens down to F32 or beyond seems
> to make for some really long exposures. DOF is so deep you can
> probably make out the GE logo on the lightbulb.

Happened to me once, exept the bulb was made by Philips :-) Some grinding on
the bulb with grain 600 sand paper removed the logo.

> Eric Clapton works well.  For classical, stay away from
> Tchaikovsky or you'll be slicing your wrists with the paper
> cutter.  Beethoven is nice.  The Who is best.

I'd prefer some good old punk classics for concert photos (gets me in the right
mood), or classic. Beethoven is nice, Mahler lets your prints appear darker,
and Bach is good for precise work.

;-)

Bernd