Re: [OM] First Scalas with new Fangs

Subject: Re: [OM] First Scalas with new Fangs
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 03:12:21 +0100
Hi :)

Mark Marr-Lyon wrote:

Very nice! I especially like #10 with the 300.

frozen puddle...I like it too, although the puddle was meant to be in focus....

Pardon my laziness, but can one home-process Scala, or does it need to be sent out? I've started to become curious about it. How does it compare with other B&W slide film(s)?

You can't do it yourself. It has to get into its one special soup ;) We have about 6 (!) places in Germany where you can send the rolls for development. Try www.Agfa.com, there used to be a site with the adresses, which I can't find just now - maybe its being updated. I don't know any other b/W slide film, but this one comes with a *very slight brownish touch, extremely brilliant - it's just stunning. Expensive but worth it!

The only other option I can think of is TMAX 100 using the
reversal processing kit. Anyway, I've still got my first roll of Tech Pan to get through first...

I'd like to see the results!

cheers
Doro