Re: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm?

Subject: Re: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm?
From: Conrad Vogel <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:29:04 -0800
I agree with the point about the speed of digital and losing the whole point of taking photographs in the first place.

When I climbed 5000' to the top of Scotchman Peak (in northen Idaho) I discovered a really frindly critter. I sat for quite a while to get this one: http://www.geocities.com/conradvogel/pics/lo-scotch-goat2.jpg but it was fun watching the "subject".

I'm far from a professional photographer, but sitting on the hill and enjoying it in slow motion was pretty satisfying.

It started raining on me when I was at about 3700', but I was too far to turn back.....

Corey V.

Humans [in general] value most that which has the greatest difficulty to achieve. Someone mentioned a while back cited a factoid about the number of digital images made during the past year or so. I daresay the ease, cost and speed with which someone can do this with a digital is only surpassed by using a digital video camera camera. The only limit is the number of images that can be stored before running out of memory cards. IMHO the total number of times a camera holder presses a shutter release is not meaningful; it considers nothing about the yield rate. The following "objective function" is meaningful: (Burn Rate) X (Yield Rate) X (Time Spent Making Photographs) = (Total Yield)