Re: [OM] David Caradeen

Subject: Re: [OM] David Caradeen
From: Acer/Siddiq <waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:48:03 -0800
1/10/02 8:37:10 PM, "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>So I really wanted to take a picture of him, but didn't want to be rude.  So
>I adjusted the shutter speed, the aperture.. I stuck my 28mm lens, cranked
>it to infinity..  Then locked up the mirror, pressed the DOF button down,
>aimed in his direction, and clicked.  It was as silent as a Leica M6!  I
>mean, almost no sound, and in an environment like that, no way anybody heard
>it.  It should be a fairly sharp picture too (unless my camera back opening
>up, has ruined the roll...arrrgg) But the OM1 makes a GREAT candid camera!

Ah, so you did that too? i rewound one camera when i ran out, and when i took a
break,  i opened the
WRONG camera back, oh S__+, close it quick. oh well, not many ruined pics
(acura nsx only, i dont really
miss it that much)

>MLU, and aperture prefire, makes it easy to take candid pictures at almost
>no sound.

been there, done that. fast film, f5.6 or 8, hyperfocal, MLU, no knows any
better if you don't bring camera to
your eye :)

/A/S
--