Re: [OM] [OT] technology trends... still OT, was ???-> browsers

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] technology trends... still OT, was ???-> browsers
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:05:47 -0800
on 1/10/02 12:22 PM, AG Schnozz at agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It just isn't the same with computers, scanners and ink-jet
> printers as this is too "normal" for them and the process just
> seems too input-process-output for artistic expression.  The
> "magic" of the darkroom is something that absolutely cannot be
> substituted with "modern technology".

I was so struck by this I have to comment... your daughters see
computers/scanners/printers as NORMAL, which they are but only in the last
10 or so years... while a 150-year old technology is seen as new and exotic
to them. I'm not old enough to feel this generation-gap! Really, I'm not,
but just like many of us I remember when a fax was new and exciting
technology, and nobody ever dreamed up anything as wild and futuristic as
the internet <g>. We speculate about the next Olympus digital SLR, or the
future of memory cards, and the truth will likely be something far beyond
our wildest speculation... and it will seem entirely normal to the next
generation.
--

Jim Brokaw