Re: [OM] HELP! Did I ruin my roll??

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP! Did I ruin my roll??
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 01:34:00 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Acer/Siddiq" <waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 1:04 AM

> No worries, i had the ENTIRE camera back opened in my car (in the car in
the parking lot) and it only
> ruined about 5 shots. the rest were FINE!

Ok.  Good point!

I'll modify my previous answer some to "it depends".
The opacity of the film on the takeup spool protects
the film underneath of it to some degree.

So, it depends on exposure it received, type of film
(even to how opaque the backing is), where you were
in the roll and - most importantly - luck.

It will be the most recent photos taken that are fogged the worst.
With about 3 exposures ruined being about the best case.

I based my previous answer mostly on camera customers have
brought into the store.  I wouldn't know as, I've Never Done That...   ;)