Re: [OM] 35mm vs. 6x7???

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm vs. 6x7???
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:03:12 EST
I'm not going to give you all the technical answers to the questions you
posed, however you line of reasoning works for me.  If you like the 35mm film
format, then why not look at one of the various versions of the Mamiya Press
cameras with a 6X9 back.  If you are doing landscapes, architecture or other
pretty much stable subjects which are not particularly time sensitive, one of
these beast might be the ticket.  Some offer a back with limited swings and
tilts and an entire system can be had for less than a Zuiko 24 mm shift lens.
 They also offer the advantage of having a leaf shutter which will sync at
all speeds. In answer to the unasked question, yes, I have just purchased one
of these, with a 50mm, 65mm, 100mm, 150mm, extension tubes and 6X9 back. I
have about $1200 in it and doubt that that number will get much bigger.  My
intention is to have this augment my Olympus system, not replace it.  Oh yes,
these are no longer made and there are several members of this list who also
own and use this camera.  Bill Barber