RE: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm?

Subject: RE: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm?
From: "Robert R. Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:15:16 -0600
Well I was brought up believing that full-frame is the only way to do
things.  We had to use ground-out film holders so that the prof. could
see that the composition was made in the camera, and not as an
afterthought.  It has taken me some time to learn the importance of a
good crop, but I still hesitate when I am tempted to remove
information....

<snip>

There was a
stunning about 8x18" vertical image aching to get out of one square and
maybe a 24x12" horizontal wishing to lose the uninteresting and
distracting lower part of another square. This guy is trying to become a

professional.
....Just don't let the shape of the viewfinder take over your creative
function.