Re: [OM] 35mm vs. 6x7??? - vs 4x5

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm vs. 6x7??? - vs 4x5
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:43:04 -0500
Dear Walt,

You should get the ultimate accessory. How strong is your wife? (making
assumptions here...)

Tom

On Friday, January 11, 2002 at 10:41, Walt Wayman <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] 35mm vs. 6x7??? - vs 4x5" saying:

> You worked with Karsh?  Wow.  I am getting a bit green -- must be
> the envy.  I've got the book "Karsh, A Fifty-Year Retrospective"
> from the New York Graphic Society.  Anytime I think I'm getting
> really good, I put my meager accomplishments in the proper
> perspective by thumbing through either this or one of the Ansel
> Adams books.  Although all my large format equipment is long gone,
> I've still got eight old 6x9 cameras and 18 lenses, from 47 to
> 270mm, so I haven't completely lost touch with working slowly and
> deliberately.  After schlepping the gear around, working slowly
> lets you catch your breath and rest your back.
>
> Walt Wayman

> From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date:  Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:48:45 -0500
>
> ---SNIP---
>
> >When I worked with Yousuf Karsh, 4x5 was considered the miniature
> >format, as most of his portraits were done with an 8x10 camera.
> >Much easier to retouch invisibly, but heavier to carry. So he had
> >the ultimate accessory, an assistant.
> >
> >tOM

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714