Re: [OM] HELP! Did I ruin my roll??

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP! Did I ruin my roll??
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:33:57 -0800 (PST)
The IS-series winds the film into the back in such a way to
nearly guarantee a maximum of three destroyed frames.  It truely
works.

I was working in a camera store when the IS-1 came out and the
boss had shot some pictures of his son's little-league game the
night before, but had failed to finish the roll or remove it
from the camera.  I was demoing the camera to a customer and
popped open the film back and lo-and-behold my long-term
employment with this camera store immediately came into
question.

Only ONE picture was partly damaged.

I've accidently popped the back on my IS cameras a couple of
times but never lost more than one or two shots.

One possibility of why the roll is going past your roll size is
that the takeup reel is slipping.  This can happen when you
shove the leader too far through the take up spindle, or it
comes off of the take up spindle.  The take up spindle is, IMO,
the archilles heal of the OM camera.

AG-Schnozz